The Day of Judgment Is The Most Vital Day Of Your Existence Because It Determines What Kingdom Of Glory You Will Inherit
"Integrity is not naiveté. What is naïve is to suppose that we are not accountable to God." Reflections On A Consecrated Life; Elder D. Todd Christofferson
Your day of judgment with Jesus Christ is sure as death is. Your day of judgment is the most important day of your existence. That day determines what kingdom you will inherit for the rest of eternity. Once that happens there is no progressing from a lower kingdom to a higher one.It Is Naïve To Think We Are Not Accountable To God
Alma in the Book of Mormon (chapter 5) asks many soul searching questions that if taken seriously would certainly change your life forever. Several of his questions deal directly with being accountable to God, and concerning the day of judgment, they are;
- "Do you look forward…to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?
- "Can you imagine…the Lord saying…Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?
- "Do ye imagine to yourselves that ye can lie unto the Lord…and that he will save you?
- "Can ye imagine yourselves brought before God…having a remembrance of all your guilt…a remembrance that ye have set at defiance the commandments of God?
- "Can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands?
- "Can you look up, having the image of God engraven upon your countenances?
- "Can ye think of being saved when you have yielded yourselves to become subject to the devil?
- "How will any of you feel…standing before the bar of God…having your garments stained with blood and all manner of filthiness?
- "What will these things testify against you?
- "Will they not testify..that ye are guilty of all manner of wickedness?
- "Do ye suppose that such an one can have place to sit down in the kingdom of God…with all the holy prophets, whose garments are cleansed and are spotless, pure and white?
- "If ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love…can you feel so now?
- "Have ye walked, keeping yourselves blameless before God?
Satan is the father of lies and deceit. He would make you think that God's love is so great that He will forgive you of anything without repentance. Satan tries to convince you that because God is love, His love will overlook anything you do. The prophets have taught that the kingdom you receive is based on the law you keep not His love.
Blessings from God do not come free or automatic. Elder Bednar taught that the tender mercies of the Lord are earned, they don't come by happenstance. Blessings you receive from God are based on the law you keep not His love.
God's justice and punishments are real. So is the law of mercy. Mercy satisfies the law of justice. Repentance waives the punishment you would receive for sin. Without repentance you would be punished for your sins.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.