A Prophet Is Someone Who God Reveals His Secrets To
The prophet is the man on earth who God has given all the keys of His kingdom to; which means he has actual and literal power and authority to act in God's name and accomplish the Lord's holy work on earth.
See Amos 3:7
Consider this scripture from the New Testament;
"And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;"
Unlike the politicians in America, the Lord will never allow His Apostles and Prophets become corrupt or lead us astray. God never changes, and as America is being turned upside down because of moral corruptness; the Lord will not allow the Apostles to become compromised to evil.
Doctrine and Covenants 68:4
"And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation."
The prophets are the most important people on earth. God has entrusted to them the greatest responsibility.
You can't become what you don't think about, and these Christian prophets speak for God; therefore, they are the very key for you to become the divine, holy, pure and Christlike person He wants you to be.
If this is your first visit to my site and feel overwhelmed with the quantity of talks to choose from, please consider my TOP 10 to start out with.
You can have no greater experience in your life than to feel the love of God, and the word of God is how you feel God's love, which is life changing
Not every talk will be life changing, but certainly some or several will deeply influence you. I don't know which talk or talks will do it for you. So I invite you to listen and or seriously ponder every talk so you find the one that fills your soul with love.
The Prophets Will Fill Your Emptiness With Joy And Happiness
The power of the truthfulness of their words will fill your life with pure and joy and lasting peace, even in a chaotic and violent world.
Elder Richard G. Scott many are anything but happy. Many have a deep longing for true and lasting joy that will satisfy the greatest hunger, and the words of these prophets can fill that emptiness.
Happiness is a choice because it comes from within and not from the outward circumstances in the world around you. Happiness happens by drinking deeply from divine truth, and these prophets have direct access to the Lord who is the source of all truth.
Jesus Christ is the leader and commander of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS) also commonly known as the Mormons and Christ directs and leads His church through His apostles and prophets. The church is organized the exact same way when Christ was living on the earth.
False Misconceptions And Beliefs About The Church
I want to shatter two misconceptions and one false belief about the church.
- The LDS church is not a Christian church.
- The LDS church does not believe in the Bible.
- There can't be continuous revelation
First Myth: The LDS Church Is Not Christian
The LDS Church is often accused of not being Christian. Elder Holland also addressed this issue in a talk The Only True God And Jesus Christ Whom He Hath Sent.
Here is a two and half minute video about this talk.
These prophets speak the most powerful and profound messages of Christ, find out for yourself by visiting to talks of Christ.
Second Myth: The LDS Church Does Not Believe In The Bible
Maybe this myth is partly due to our belief in the Book of Mormon which we make no apologies or hesitate in saying that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on earth and will bring you closer to God than any other book in existence. The simple fact is many simple truths were lost from the translation process of the Bible. The Book of Mormon actually supports the Bible clarifying what was lost in the Bible.
The reason why the Book of Mormon is the most powerful book on earth is because it talks the most about Jesus Christ with the most profound messages of Him. There is no other book of ancient scripture that addresses the most vital and central principle, the principle that all others point to and the greatest event that ever happened, which is the atonement.
The church believes in the bible and teaches from it in church. A prophet Russell M. Nelson in his talk The Miracle of the Holy Bible, said the bible is a pillar of the LDS faith.
False Belief: There Can Be No Continuous Revelation
I know there is a lot of confusion and debate about Revelation 22: 18-19, John wrote those verses specifically and applies only to what he wrote. He did not mean it for the entire Bible, and he did not mean that no other scripture could be written. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland dedicated a talk about this, you can read it here, My Words Never Cease.
Does it really make sense to you that God would completely end revelation?
Faith And The Role Prophets Have In Building Faith
Faith and the process of knowing God is the same today as it was during the days of the first man Adam who was the first prophet. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ revealed themselves to Adam who in turn taught his posterity about God. Adam's posterity learned about God by listening to the prophet.
The progression of faith begins with believing in something you can't see to eventually having a perfect knowledge and possessing it in the unlimited sense which is "power, dominion, and authority over all things." (Lectures on Faith) There is more than one example in scripture of people who have had faith in the unlimited sense.
Faith starts with desire which leads to a willingness to experiment on the word of God. I mentioned earlier that faith is to believe in something you can't see. If you have never read or listened to these Christian prophets words, you may not see how they have so much spiritual power.
Maybe you have been told lies about them or were brought up in false traditions. As you begin to browse around this website and click on their talks, read, watch or listen to a few talks the spirit will prick your heart.
When you read a few talks and feel peace, comfort, joy, happiness and most of all love; that feeling will become contagious and you will desire to feel those emotions more frequently. The more often you return and internalize their words the deeper you will feel loved by God.
When you want to speak to God pray, but when you want God to speak to you, read His words. One of these talks is sure to have the answer to your personal and family problems.
Faith is like a tree, you plant the seed by having a humble heart one that is broken and contrite wanting to know the things of God. A proud and a rebellious heart who thinks you don't need God, who thinks you can make it without Him is the opposite of a broken and contrite spirit and will have an extremely difficult time in knowing Him.
God is no respecter of persons. The Christian prophets teach us to liken the scriptures unto ourselves. That has multiple meanings, one is to put yourself in the various scriptural situations, a second way is to apply the teachings and third is to read the scriptures to know what is possible in your own life. You can receive anything that anyone in the scriptures received if you are willing to undertake the process of receiving.
Growing into perfect faith is like putting a jig saw puzzle together, with one piece at a time. Each talk will give you a piece or possibly several pieces and these pieces may come in simple phrases, possibly as a one liner. All the talks combined will give you all the pieces to complete the puzzle, providing you the possibility of perfect faith if you receive it.
Why Care About Faith Anyway
- Without faith you can't please God.
- Faith is how the world was created.
- Faith is how the heavens continue to operate
- Elder Robert D. Hales in his talk Seeking To Know God, Our Heavenly Father, said "Your personal knowledge of God is not only the greatest gift you will ever give, but it will bring you the greatest joy you will ever have.
- Faith precedes the miracle. God has not ceased to be a God of miracles but faith must happen first. Signs and even seeing angels does not build faith. The scriptures are full of examples of people who had signs and saw angels but still did not believe.
- President Faust said, "Faith intensifies and magnifies our gifts and abilities." The Shield of Faith.
The prophets know how to live life to the fullest and can help you achieve your greatest potential.
President Thomas S. Monson said this in talk Be of Good Cheer, in the April 2009 General Conference; "My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."
Obviously President Monson is talking about faith in Jesus Christ, not in government, or your employer or any other man, group, entity, etc. It is another witness that real joy and happiness comes from within and not your circumstances around you. The Lord will help you change your circumstances as you consecrate yourself to Him.
President Faust in his talk The Shield of Faith, compared faith and secular knowledge, and made it clear that spiritual knowledge must exceed secular knowledge; otherwise immorality will "strangle goodness and human decency." He also said that God revealed to man the secular knowledge we have. Secular knowledge is helpful and other prophets have said that positive thinking (self-help) is much needed in the world. I don't apologize for writing secular articles that you will find in pdf format in the right hand columns of many of the pages, which is intended to enhance the overall knowledge and purposes of this website.
A Promise; Cause The Heavens To Shake For Your Good
The Lord gave a promise for those who heed the words of the living prophets.
Doctrine And Covenants 21:6 says the following;
"For by doing these things (heeding the prophets) the gates of hell shall not prevail against you; yea, and the Lord God will disperse the powers of darkness from before you, and cause the heavens to shake for your good, and his name's glory."
Imagine what your life would be like if Satan had little to no influence and power over you because Satan's powers were dispersed from you. What would your personal and family life be like if this were the case? Think of the level of joy and happiness it would bring you by not being weighted down with grief and sorrow for sinful or wrong choices.
To cause the heavens shake for your good, would be a huge blessing in your life. No matter how good your life is right now, it can always be better. Maybe you don't have any serious problems in your life, but you could still live a more fulfilled life. Progress and achievement is one of the major purposes of your mortal life. God did not send you down to earth to fail or waste it away.
The promise of having the heavens shake for your good is something to seriously ponder about what it means for you personally, and why you should take that promise to heart.
I give you a promise, if you click around this website and read or listen to the words of these prophets in a spirit of humility, with a broken heart and contrite spirit you will know they speak the truth and are personal agents of Jesus Christ. You will know the truth by how you feel.
You will know how to solve and overcome ALL your problems. I know that is a bold statement, but test it out yourself.
You will have feelings of peace, comfort, love, tranquility if you read and listen to their words in a spirit of humility.
Then go here and fill out the form for the missionaries to visit you at your home to teach you more and answer all your questions. I would also be interested to know if you invite the missionaries over to your house, and you can let me know by contacting me.
The Power And Importance Of Eternal Families
Besides getting a body and being tested creating families is the main purpose of life. God's kingdom is built up around families. If it were not for the institution of families, God would have no motivation to preserve and protect society; because society had chosen to negate the whole purpose of creating the world and conceiving us spiritually first then sending us to earth to gain a body.
Your marriage and family doesn't have to end at death like what all marriage ceremonies say except for one.
When you know your love is eternal, and you know it will not end at death; it becomes more sacred and special. When you know your family will be with you past this life, you become more patient and loving. Your family will be your greatest treasure in the next life, even if you have failed your family in this life.
To read more about families and how yours can be eternal and more united here and the next life, visit my family page.
The Plan of Salvation
When it comes down to it, the purpose of this earth life is to become like God and that can't happen in an environment of comfort and ease.
The greatest message about the Plan of Salvation is that God so love the world that He sent His only Begotten Son (Jesus Christ) to save you. He will save you from your sins but not in your sins. His mission is to help you be free not only from your sins but from your infirmities, pains and afflictions. If you are a victim of abuse or trauma, He can heal you and give your freedom back.
The Plan of Salvation answers the three main interrogatives of life; where you came from, why you are here and where you are going once you die. Death is part of the plan of happiness. The prophets teach that we live to die and die to live. There is a next life, and our condition there is based on how we live here.
Another great message about the Plan of Salvation is you are literally a child of God, which is significant and profound. This means you have the seeds of Godhood already in you. God the Father is not a prideful egotistical parent, His greatest desire and work is to help you become just like He is. Heavenly Father conceived you in spirit form and nurtured you there just like you were conceived and born here.
One of the greatest and most depressing and damning falsehoods is to believe that you descended from an ape. The consequences of believing in this falsehood even subconsciously are serious; it takes away your agency, you feel justified in succumbing to your hunger and urges because animals can't control their hunger.
The Plan of Salvation gives you the BIG picture.
Highlights Of General Conference
October 2011 Conference Highlights
April 2011 Conference Highlights
October 2010 Highlights
April 2010 Conference Highlights
Highlights of April 2009 General Conference
Highlights of October 2009 General Conference
Highlights of the October 2008 General Conference
I also encourage you to check out my personal top 10. It includes the top ten conference talks from all the years combined, and the top 10 messages for each individual conference. Most of the top 10 messages are a a sentence or two and in many cases one liners.
Talks Specifically About Prophets And Apostles
An Ensign to the Nations: Jeffrey R. Holland
Obedience to the Prophets: Claudio R. M. Costa
His Servants, The Prophets: F. Michael Watson
Give Heed unto the Prophets’ Words: Quentin L. Cook
Prophets in the Land Again: Jeffrey R. Holland
Prophets, Seers, and Revelators: Jeffrey R. Holland
The Clarion Call of Prophets: Shirley D. Christensen
We Believe All That God Has Revealed: L. Tom Perry
His Word Ye Shall Receive: M. Russell Ballard
Faith of Our Prophets: David B. Haight (Deceased)
Living Prophets, Seers, and Revelators: Dennis B. Neuenschwander
Prophets and Spiritual Mole Crickets: Neil L. Andersen
Beware of False Prophets and False Teachers: M. Russell Ballard
Marvelous Are the Revelations of the Lord: M. Russell Ballard
Come, Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: Virginia U. Jensen
The Living Prophet: Our Source of Pure Doctrine: Merrill C. Oaks (October 1998)
- Prophet Blog
- The prophet blog is personal commentary from the prophet's teachings. Personal commentary is not official doctrine.
- Jesus Is Your Only Hope
- Salvation is found ONLY in your Savior Jesus Christ. Christ paid for your sins, suffered all things in order to help you overcome your sins all your problems and afflictions.
- President Thomas S Monson
- President Thomas S Monson and his teachings
- President Henry B Eyring
- President Henry B Eyrings Conference talks
- President Dieter F Uchtdorf
- The teachings of President Dieter F Uchtdorf
- Russell M Nelson Teachings
- The teachings of Russell M Nelson
- Dallin H Oaks Conference Talks
- The teachings of Elder Dallin H Oaks in General Conference
- M Russell Ballard, Prophet Seer And Revelator
- Teachings of M Russell Ballard
- Teachings of Robert D Hales
- The teachings of Elder Robert D Hales
- Teachings of Jeffrey R Holland
- The teachings of Jeffrey R Holland
- David A Bednar Talks
- Talks from David A Bednar
- Teachings of Quinton L Cook
- Teachings of Quinton L Cook,
- Teachings of D Todd Christofferson
- The teachings of D Todd Christofferson
- Neil L Andersen Teachings
- The teachings of Neil L Andersen
- Ronald A. Rasband
- Elder Ronald A. Rasband called to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in October 2015.
- Gary E. Stevenson
- Gary E. Stevenson called as an Apostle of the Lord in October 2015
- Teachings of Dale G. Renlund
- The teachings of Elder Dale G. Renlund
- Discourses By The Seventy
- The Lord called the Seventy during his time and he has called them today to be witnesses of him in all the world.
- The Plan Of Salvation
- The plan of salvation describes how you can be happy in this life and the next life. It describes where you came from, why you are here and where you are going after death.
- Holy Ghost
- The Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit is the greatest gift you can receive in life. It will enliven your life
- Teachings of Dead Prophets
- The teachings of dead prophets is not to be ignored.
- The Family Is The Most Important Unit In Society
- The greatest source of happiness is found in marriage and family
- Contact Me
- Feel free to send me a question and if you decide to accept the missionaries in your house from this website let me know
- Prosperity And Righteousness
- prosperity and wealth can be acquired without corrupting you spiritually
- Some Blessings Of The Atonement
- "To that end Jesus Christ entered a garden called Gethsemane, where He overcame sin for us."
- The Blessings Of Abraham
- The blessings of Abraham are much more than eternal marriage, creating worlds without number and conceiving children to populate them. There are blessings that also apply to the here and now.
- Gordon B Hinckley Talks
- Gordon B Hinckley talks
- James E Faust Conference Talks
- General conference talks by President James E Faust
- Neal A Maxwell
- Talks by Elder Neal A Maxwell
- Sanctity Of Life
- Satan does everything he can to destroy the sanctity of life in every way possible
- Free Agency And Freedom
- Free agency is your right to make choices, freedom is your ability to act on your choices.
- Addictions And The Key To Being Free
- Addictions can be life destroying but there is complete healing through Jesus Christ
- Top 10 General Conference Talks
- Top 10 of all years conference talks
- April 2011 Top 10 Conference Messages
- The top 10 conference messages for April 2011
- October 2010 Top 10 Conference Messages
- The top 10 conference messages for October 2010
- Receiving Grace For Grace
- Your obedience allows God to grant you grace for grace.
- Light And Truth Newsletter
- Light and truth cleaveth unto each other which becomes its own law of attraction
- The Merciful Redeemer
- Jesus Christ is a merciful Redeemer who can turn despair into hope and change your desires
- The Refiners Fire
- The refiners fire perfects you.
- About Me, Bret Bradshaw
- About Bret Bradshaw and what I know is true.
- October 2011 TOP 10
- October 2011 General Conference top 10.
- Eternal Life, What It Means To Know God How And Why You Should Seek After Him
- Eternal life is be restored to God and can only happen through atonement of Jesus Christ.
- The Equality Of Men And Women In The Priesthood
- Priesthood men are not better than women in the church because they have the priesthood
- The Blessings Of Paying Tithing Are Subtle But Significant
- The blessings for paying tithing are great but they are not always obvious.
- Women Are Powerful
- Women are a powerful force in this world.
- Pornography Is A Drug That Destroys
- Pornography is a lethal drug that leads to serious sex addictions.
- 4 Types Of Bondage
- This talk is a warning voice against falling into spiritual, physical and intellectual bondage.